Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Bible Assignment #2: Honor

Honor - dictionary def. : high respect, as for worth, merit, or rank: to be held in honor

Ashley: I think honor is holding someone in the highest position and respecting that person.
Brooke: I think honor is treating people with respect and putting them before yourself


Scriptures About Honor:

1. Deuteronomy 5:16 “Honor your father and mother, as the Lord your God commanded you. Then you will live a long, full life in the land the Lord your God is giving you."

2. Ezra 7:27-28 "27 Praise the Lord, the God of our ancestors, who made the king want to beautify the Temple of the Lord in Jerusalem! 28 And praise him for demonstrating such unfailing love to me by honoring me before the king, his council, and all his mighty nobles! I felt encouraged because the gracious hand of the Lord my God was on me. And I gathered some of the leaders of Israel to return with me to Jerusalem."

3. Psalm 29:1-2 "1 Honor the Lord, you heavenly beings; honor the Lord for his glory and strength. 2 Honor the Lord for the glory of his name. Worship the Lord in the splendor of his holiness."

4. Romans 12:10 "10 Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other. "

5. 1 Thessalonians 5:12-13 "12 Dear brothers and sisters, honor those who are your leaders in the Lord’s work. They work hard among you and give you spiritual guidance. 13 Show them great respect and wholehearted love because of their work. And live peacefully with each other."


E-cards sent to: Mr. Moland, Mrs. DeeDee, Ms. Moise, and Larry George

2 comments: